- To how many joint programmes can a student apply?
Doctoral candidates can apply for an Erasmus mundus fellowship to a maximum of three (3) different joint programmes (EMMC and EMJD together)
- Does the Erasmus Mundus Programme offer scholarships for part-time studies?
No, Erasmus Mundus fellowships are intended for full-time studies only
- Is it compulsory for doctoral candidates who apply for the SMART EM fellowship to have completed their previous degree before submitting the application?
Doctoral candidates can apply for the SMART EM fellowship even if they have not yet completed the studies required for the joint programme. However they must have obtained their degree within the deadline set in the call for applications.
- I am currently applying for the above programme and I have filled most sections of the online application system. I completed the Referee Section, however, up to now my referees have not receive a notification email requesting a reference letter . I have checked their email addresses entered on the system and they are all correct. Why they do not receive any letter request
The referees will receive the e-mail from the system only after the applicant has completed all the mandatory sections and finalized the application. As long as the application is pending, the referees will not receive the e-mail from the system. After the applicant will finalize the application, the system will take up to 24 hours to send the notification to referees.
- When and how will the doctoral candidate be notified of the fellowship selection results?
The SMART Secretariat will officially inform the doctoral candidates of the fellowship selection results only after being notified by the Agency. This should occur by mid-April. After the interview, the list of successfull candidates will be made available on the website. These candidates will receive an individual unofficial mail specifying if they are on the main or on the reserve list.